Another YUM problem on FC6T1

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 03:32:43 UTC 2006

I keep getting a message about not being able to find the base url for any of
the repos.  Here is the output:

	[root at linux2 tom]# yum -y update
	Setting up Update Process
	Setting up repositories
	Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
	[root at linux2 tom]#                                   ^^^^ this changes with
						for repo

/var/log/yum.log is empty.

I've compared the /etc/yum.repos.d/repo files against the old files (which I
kept on a non-formatted partition) and they appeared to be identical.  Can't
find anything in any of the logs that would be significant.  Any ideas?

One problem I did find after installing was that the gateway address had not
been saved in /etc/sysconfig/network.  This of course caused a lack of access
to the internet while still allowing full communication over the local
network.  I recall that during the installation, when the gateway was
entered, it was not accepted.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor