Another YUM problem on FC6T1

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jun 23 12:30:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 01:07 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:

> In the repo files, it I substitute the number "5" for $releasever, it
> works
> just fine.  Where does yum (system) get the $releasever variable from?
> Is it
> being parsed properly?  I'm assuming "5" would be the correct value to
> use as
> it would be the truncated result of "5.9" and there are no "6's" in
> the list.

The Fedora Release package delivered with Test 1 only enabled
development and extras-development which both point to a development/
dir rather than a release versioned dir.  Did you make a change?

> When I attempt to do an echo of the $releasever, it returns nothing.

It is figured out by looking at rpm query output of the package that
provides 'redhat-release'.  In fedora land, this is the fedora-release
package.