Evolution not downloading POP email

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Jun 7 19:42:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 16:42 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Anyone experiencing this happening as of this today via latest rawhide
> push from yesterday/last night?
>
> I can access my email from my workstation to my email server via web and
> squirrel mail.  But via evolution it is stuck at fetching mail and
> that's it.

Ok, it seems the dovecot version in FC5 testing is the culprit.  I had
to downgrade back to the original dovecot version from FC5 to get it
back working again.

In Evolution, when you try to retrieve your email (at least for pop3),
it gets stuck at retrieving pop summary.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless you're not getting any!"