New system-config-printer

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 16:32:46 UTC 2006

Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 07:20, Florian Festi wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> FC 6 contains a completely new implemented system-config-printer.
>>
>> Features are:
>>  * Directly works on the cups configuration (no more alchemist)
>>  * enabling/disabling printers
>>  * Support for all PPD options
>>  * Support for restrictions between PPD option settings
>>  * can configure remote cups servers (if they allow remote
>>    administration)
>>  * limited configuration of the cups server itself
>>
>> There also is a new implementation of hal-cups-utils (as the old version
>> used the old system-config-printer)
>>
>> Features are:
>>  * enable/disable USB printers when attached/removed
>>  * tries to automatically configure USB printer when first attached
>>  * ask eggcups for make/model if auto detection failed
>>
>> As this is brand new code testing is highly appreciated.
>>
>> 	Florian Festi
>
> Looks nice but one thing missing from previous version - no print test page.
> At least I haven't been able to find it.  Maybe the eyes are getting too old.
>
> Tom

I am running rawhide and installed the latest system-config-printer but
it will not run for me..

 system-config-printer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
6, in ?
    import gtk.glade
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
43, in ?
    from _gtk import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_gtk.so:
undefined sym bol: gtk_print_settings_get_print_to_file

Kevin

- --
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351