install report: FC6t1 - success

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Fri Jun 23 05:28:59 UTC 2006

I just installed FC6t1 on the work1.private testbed machine, and all is well.
No problems with the installation.  I did customize the selections at the front
end of the process, no problems with the diskspace.

Firstboot ran fine without rhgb in the mix.

Changing the repository data with yum-updatesd running did cause a deadlock with
installing kyum, but a restart of the yum-updatesd solved the problem.

BOINC/SETI at Home is running fine.  No major regressions in the apps I tested.

Configuration:
  Celeron (Coppermine) PIII @ 600MHz  256MB RAM  160GB vanilla IDE disk
  Three LVM partitions (root,usr,home) [boot and swap are real partitions]
  Trident Cyberblade/i1 video, VIA chipset, RTL ethernet.

--Wolfe