Another YUM problem on FC6T1

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 23 10:52:52 UTC 2006

Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 20:40, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 20:32 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
>>>         Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>> Are you able to get to the internet now?  The config files default to
>> pointing to, the mirror list, if you can't reach the mirror list you'd
>> get a similar error.
>
> Got some of the problem figured out.  It's in the area of the $releasever
> variable which is apparantely not being returned properly.
>
> In the repo files, it I substitute the number "5" for $releasever, it works
> just fine.  Where does yum (system) get the $releasever variable from?  Is it
> being parsed properly?  I'm assuming "5" would be the correct value to use as
> it would be the truncated result of "5.9" and there are no "6's" in the list.
>
> When I attempt to do an echo of the $releasever, it returns nothing.
>

> Tom

When you are running development, you should disable the core and extras
repositories and enable the development and extras development repos.

The $releasever information is dependet upon which fedora-release
package that is installed. With development, there is not $releasever to
reference, thus the error.

Jim

--
1st graffitiist: QUESTION AUTHORITY!