FC6T1 on Dell Inspiron 9200: Generic LCD display "LCD Panel 1440x900" doesn't have resolution 1440x900

Yee Wei Law yee.wei.law at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:23:55 UTC 2006

When installing FC6T1 on Dell Inspiron 9200 with a native resolution of
1440x900, Anaconda is unable to determine the display type. So I chose
"Generic LCD display" -> "LCD Panel 1440x900", but interestingly the
configuration option gives a slew of resolutions which do not include the
resolution 1440x900 itself.

Modifying /etc/X11/Xorg.conf by hand works of course, but I suppose this is
an Anaconda bug.

I don't know what resolutions are supposed to be associated with a generic
"LCD Panel 1440x900", but for Dell Inspiron 9200, the only valid resolutions
are:
800x600
1024x768
1280x768