Still Can't Set Proper Screen Resolution

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sun Jun 25 20:51:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 21:37 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
> Is this a change from FC5?

yeah.  Work has improved the DDC stuff for X in an update that went out
to FC5.  We're hoping that by the time FC6 releases we can have an
extremely minimal xorg.conf file and Things Just Work(tm).
Unfortunately not all hardware works w/ the DDC trick, so anaconda still
sets a value for these things.  If you comment it out and it works for
you, great, just leave it commented out.

[ snip ]

> If I comment out the HorizSync/verRefresh/Modes lines of xorg.conf it
> detects the proper resolution using DDC.

So if it works for you, is your problem solved?