New system-config-printer

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 12:18:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 13:29 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Agreed -- gutenprint IMHO is a must-have for FC6 if they release 5.0 in
> time. Tim, can we help somehow to get it into test2?

Getting a tested-in-Fedora package together for it would help immensely.
If you have a gutenprint package that is a drop-in replacement for
gimp-print, along with an updated foomatic package that "copes with" it
(not sure what needs doing), I think we could try for FC6 test2.  I'm
afraid I don't have access to the appropriate hardware to test it with
myself. :-(

Unfortunately, if we don't have it by then I think it really is too late
to get it in for the release.  We could always try to do an update for
FC6 once it is released, but of course that's not as good as shipping
with it.

Tim.
*/