Installation Report

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:06:28 UTC 2006

1999 iMac PPC 320MB Ram 9GB HD ATI Rage 128 8MB VRAM.

Everything installed fine, all 6 CDs.

Afterward, during a yum upgrade, I got this error:

Installing: kernel                       ####################### [15/42]
grubby: error moving /etc/yaboot.conf- to /etc/yaboot.conf: Permission denied
Failed to initialize HFS working directories: Permission denied
ybin: /dev/hda2 appears to have never had a bootstrap installed,
please run mkofboot

The only thing I did not test during install is that I did not allow
the installer to re-create the /dev/hda1 Apple Label -- Ive had so
much trouble with past FC PPC installers not creating the Apple Disk
label that I pretty much just use the Dsk label from Ubuntu.

Im not yet sure but I believe I can fix that by mounting the /dev/hda2
Apple Boot and manually editing the yaboot.conf -- still not real sure
why its not linked to the one in /etc/yaboot.conf

Otherwise everything appears to be working.
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/