FC6 T1 installer problems

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Mon Jun 26 17:24:15 UTC 2006

I burnt the DVD for FC6 T1.

I used the media check of the installer and the DVD passed.

I use "linux text" as the install mode.  This proceeded until as
expected until it went to format the disc.  Then the install failed.

I retried the proceed 3 times with the same result each time.

I then attempted the default graphical install (UGH).

I selected all pkgs and 'custom now'.  I select everything except the
language options (selected 11 out of 36 possibilities).

I selected activate eth0 at boot time.  I specified the host name and
the host IP/mask.  The installer warned I had not specified the gateway,
but did not offer a method to define the gateway.

When the install completed, I had not network connectivity.
===
I then restarted the install, and tried manual vs DHCP for initializing
the network.  Only DHCP would define the gateway.  While I would supply
the parms to the MANUAL mode, the install warned I had NO gateway
specified. This is a useless configuration for me as I always specify
the host name and IP/mask manually.  Thus I will be waiting for FC6 T2
to see if there is anything useful in the install version.

--
Glenn Simpson VE3DSP