FC6 T1 installer problems

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jun 26 17:33:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 13:24 -0400, glenn wrote:

> When the install completed, I had not network connectivity.

We know about this.

> ===
> I then restarted the install, and tried manual vs DHCP for initializing
> the network.  Only DHCP would define the gateway.  While I would supply
> the parms to the MANUAL mode, the install warned I had NO gateway
> specified. This is a useless configuration for me as I always specify
> the host name and IP/mask manually.  Thus I will be waiting for FC6 T2
> to see if there is anything useful in the install version.

After the install finished and you didn't have a working network, you
could easily reconfigure the network and continue to use the system.
Why does this stop you from testing anything else in the system?  Just
doing installation tests are helpful, but testing the content is also
helpful.