New system-config-printer

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Jun 28 20:58:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:34:55PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:08, Thomas Canniot wrote:
> >
> > For example, I had a lot of difficulties to translate the strings
> > "Banner", "Starting Banner" and "Ending Banner". In fact, it seems that
> > banner is not properly used here according to my Collins Cobuild
> > Dictionnary.
> >

> 'Banner' is the name that has been used for many years to describe the pages
> printed before and after a print job in a multi-user environment.

Another term used for this is "burst page".  Also not so obvious.
OTOH in 'man lpr' in a description of option '-h' you will see
"Disables banner printing".  This is that "banner" above.  Maybe a
corresponding translation of that manpage already exists?  If yes,
then how "banner" is called there?

   Michal