RW on NTFS through SAMBA -> how come ?

Larry tb guess.who at freesurf.fr
Thu Jun 29 19:42:02 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 6/29/06, dragoran <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de> wrote:
>> LarryT wrote:

>> > thx dragoran. It seems to be something new, cause from my fc5 upadted,
>> > i cant do such a thing. Must be something new with samba ?
>> >

>> looks like that something was broken with your config; I was doing this
>> since the Redhat Linux 9 days ..
>>

> That is very true.

Okay guys : you re right :)
In fact if i try the same way from fc5 and fc6 only fc6 gives me access
to my remoteXPpc_c$ on my network. I mean if i use nautilus
(network/windows network/mydomain/remoteXPpc) with fc6 it asks for
username, domainname and passwd, and i access to all the drives (c$, d$,
g$). But if i try the same from fc5 it failed.
On fc5 i have to use "connect to server", and use "windows share". And
it is the same with within fc4.

thx :)

--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when