First time boot screen?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 1 04:39:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 15:21, Chris Lumens wrote:

> Because I modified it to no longer do that.  The problem here is that we
> have a variety of weird corner cases where firstboot is unable to run,
> but will try again a second time anyway.  This comes up when X has
> problems and you change runlevels to fix it, for instance.  In that
> case, the quick way to prevent firstboot from running again is to create
> a lock file and make it check to see if it's already "running".

Been there, done that.  But when you click that last done button at the
end of firstboot it is pretty safe to assume you really are done with it
and at that point it could safely switch off the service.  Sure it
doesn't gain a lot on boot time but it would be one less thing to do
every boot thereafter.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!