FC5, glxgears is there, but not default

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 1 13:13:16 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>> Mike A. Harris wrote:
>>
>>> Except that you are wrong, and glxgears is part of FC5.
>>
>> iff its installed: I had to manually install (I guess this is based on
>> installer choices and hence why some people dont have it installed ?).
>> # rpm -qf /usr/bin/glxgears
>> glx-utils-6.4.2-5
>
> If you think it should be installed by default, file a bug report
> against anaconda or comps.

Of general interest: perhaps not. But if there is some extremely cool,
show off, kick ass, make you want to go and stick Fedora on a machine
this second 3d gl demo (that isn't too big), that could be installed by
default ;)

However, the size is tiny (16k+16k) for gears and info, so for a GUI
install I reckon it should be included. It's at least a basic GL test
tool which is proof of GL before trying some games / screen savers etc.

I'll file the request if there is any one else who would agree its needed ??

DaveT.