Kdump warning on startup

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Wed Mar 1 19:19:24 UTC 2006

Hello list,

Does anyone know anything about a warning message that appears during
the FC5T3 startup sequence related to a kdump kernel image not being
found.  It looks like this:

No kdump kernel image found.                               [WARNING]

I also noticed this warning whenever I booted FC5T2.  I tried restarting
the kdump service, and I get the same message.  Since it is only a
warning, and didn't seem to cause any problems, I've ignored it so far.
  I'm just wondering if this is something that is fixable, or if I
should just continue ignoring it.  I searched around online, but I
haven't found anything specifically related to this warning posted anywhere.

Mike