Password Changing for Normal User

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 1 19:30:21 UTC 2006

Uno Engborg wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>> Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there is no menu entry in
>> GNOME for a user to change their own password in FC5T3? That means they
>>
> You find it as a button in the new "About Me" dialog.
> ("Desktop->Preferences->About Me")
Given that good security is based on having strong passwords that change
over time, hiding the capability under About Me is really no go. It's
probably to late to change for FC5, but I would suggest at the minimum
changing the hint that is shown when the mouse is held over the About Me
entry from:
Set your personal information
to:
Set your personal information and user password

And the title to "About me and my account". (or login)

There would then be a slim chance that a user would actually find it!
What do others think ?

DaveT.