power managerment very cool

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 1 22:37:09 UTC 2006

Neal Becker wrote:
> After today's update I have gnome power manager applet in my kde panel.  I
> just tested setting it to suspend when lid closed, and it worked nicely.
> Just 1 bug:
>
> When resumed, the applet said there was a problem with suspend (or was it
> resume), but I don't see any problemm.
>
> Now, can we integrate this functionality with the kde power management
> applet?

??
I thought it was there for yonks. My Toshiba Sat 1400 suspends and
resumes fine using KDE settings.

Only problem is, having resumed it then shuts down. It's not annoyed me
enough to try to fix (but my Acer Aspire running SUSE 10 does it fine
using the special keystrokes for the function (Fn-F4). I did rather
expect it's fixed in FC4.

--

Cheers
John