Rawhide installation in graphical mode from network

Igor MiletiÄ grejigl-gnomeprevod at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 2 19:01:11 UTC 2006

David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> wrote: Igor MiletiX wrote:
> I am trying to install today's rawhide from Internet. I need to test some translation changes in anaconda. However, I do not know how to get to graphical mode using boot.iso without burning whole CD1.
>
> Is there a simple way to install it in graphical mode without burning a CD (i.e. network installation or Internet installation)?

The rescue CD contains the graphical installer, but you'll need to use a
network installation source (HTTP, NFS, etc).

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/isos/

We've already tried the rescuecd with "linux graphical", but it starts in text mode at first and switches to graphical mode only after the installation source is chosen. However, we need to test the first language selection screen in graphical mode. Is there a way to get to it from the rescuecd image?

Igor