Shutdown option for Normal User

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 02:22:15 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:

> On my computer, I built a finger guard that makes it impossible to
> "accidently" push the power or reset buttons.  Of course it also makes
> it hard to do this when you want to which with Linux is rare anyways.
>   I would prefer that the power button be returned to the rear of the
> computer.

Many cases (Antec  makes some nice ones) have a door that covers the
power/reset buttons and some even have a lock (e.g., the Antec Sonata
II case, which I have).  Won't foil someone who knows to pull the
power cord (nothing will, really), but prevents people from mashing
buttons.

 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs at metacon.ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben.steeves at unb.ca
 X     against HTML e-mail                     GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
/ \ http://www.metacon.ca/ascii      Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves