Suspend

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 13:41:34 UTC 2006

D Canfield wrote:
> Don Springall wrote:
>

>> Is suspend/resume broken in rawhide for Kernel 2.6.16-rc5-git4 ? It
>> last worked for me in 2.6.16-rc5. Not seeing anything breaking in dmesg.
>>
>> I get I/O and then the screen flickers but stays blank. At that point
>> I have to pull the plug on power. ACPI messages look ok.
>
> I haven't had time to do a lot of testing, but suspend stopped working
> on my Thinkpad T43 (ATI Chipset, DRI turned off since this is the only
> way suspend has ever worked for me) sometime in the past week or two as
> well.  And mere weeks after it had finally started working... :-(
>
> DC

I've done a few changes to the ATI scripts over the last few weeks
because we had at least one report where the old script failed. It looks
like this causes much more problems though than it solves, so i'm
reverting the changes back to what we had previously.

Attached is the original functions-ati from /etc/pm/functions-ati which
i'm putting back in as we speak.

Please give it a try with that one and let me know if it works. If it
doesn't then it's most likely a kernel bug that got introduced over the
last few weeks.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111