what to bugzilla after last updates?

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Fri Mar 3 17:18:31 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Joshua Andrews wrote:
>> using KDE desktop has become impossible since the last 2 days of
>> updates.
>>
>> I don't know if it is xorg, the kde window manager or what.
>>
>> - kernel smp 1996 - radeon 7200
>>
>> Problem:
>> I try to launch 2 instances of vncviewer (or any apps maybe), on
>> different virtual desktops and the whole desktop interface becomes
>> unusable-- windows lose their title bars and quit responding to mouse
>> input.
>>
>> Also, only root can access drm so many (legacy?--like glxinfo) apps
>> fail.
>
> Does booting with "selinux=0" work around the problem?

No, booting with "selinux=0" does not change anything.
By switching to run level 5, I can now access drm as a normal user. I
also switched to GNOME with the default theme and so far everything
seems pretty stable.  I'm going to remove all the kde stuff from ~/ then
switch back to KDE and see if the problem returns.