wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager coexistance?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Mar 4 18:42:56 UTC 2006

On 05/03/2006, at 5:35 AM, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 04:18:54 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
>> Has anyone got these to work side by side as yet?
>>
>> It seems that each one is always trying to grab control of the wifi
>> adapter - I tell NetworkManager to connect to my local AP - which
>> it does,
>> then wpa disconnects it and scans itself. Same the other way around.
>>
>> Is there any way to make these co-exist? I guess what would be
>> really neat
>> is to have WPA functionality in NetworkManger - then you get a
>> nice little
>> GUI to configure 802.1x.... Great for those EAP-TTLS access points
>> out
>> there!
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> NM 0.6 is out and it is supposed to do just that (use
> wpa_supplicant as
> backend for WPA/WPA2)
> Just wait a little to be included in the FC devel tree.

Oh cool! This is one thing I will definitely be putting through it's
paces as I do a lot of roaming between wifi networks - some of which
require EAP-TTLS which is authed against RADIUS (like the office) and
others like home that is WEP free and if you're lucky will give you a
public IP address (I like the idea of giving away net access!).

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au