what to bugzilla after last updates?

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Sat Mar 4 21:36:37 UTC 2006

Joshua Andrews wrote:
> Mike A. Harris wrote:
>> Joshua Andrews wrote:
>>> using KDE desktop has become impossible since the last 2 days of
>>> updates.
>>>
>>> I don't know if it is xorg, the kde window manager or what.
>>>
>>> - kernel smp 1996 - radeon 7200
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> I try to launch 2 instances of vncviewer (or any apps maybe), on
>>> different virtual desktops and the whole desktop interface becomes
>>> unusable-- windows lose their title bars and quit responding to
>>> mouse input.
>>>
>>> Also, only root can access drm so many (legacy?--like glxinfo) apps
>>> fail.
>>
>> Does booting with "selinux=0" work around the problem?
>>
> No, booting with "selinux=0" does not change anything. By switching to
> run level 5, I can now access drm as a normal user. I also switched to
> GNOME with the default theme and so far everything seems pretty
> stable.  I'm going to remove all the kde stuff from ~/ then switch
> back to KDE and see if the problem returns.

I had no further luck with KDE--it is totally unstable since the last
few days of updates.
I have enabled/disabled selinux, I have created a new user with fresh
.kde/etc. , I have changed between run level 3 and 5, I have run `chmod
0666 /dev/dri/card0` to ensure that drm is accessible to all, etc... I
don't know what else to try or where else to look for the cause of the
problem.
For some reason the window manager loses connection between application
windows and input devices and all virtual desktops are stacked together
while sticky components like kicker, (menu, clock and logout/lock
applet), still respond somewhat to mouse input.

I am surprised that none other is having problems like this, it is a
clean, up to date, install of fc5t3 with only the addition of flash,
java, and mp3 plugins.