Kudzu segmentation fault. Core5 Test3 upto date as of March 4, 2006

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 19:18:49 UTC 2006

Jonathan,

Here is the information you asked for.  Please watch your words...

And yet you refuse to give us any more information regarding your
system.

Refuse is a strong word. I hope you meant to say "are you able to give us more information. Here is what I need,"

For my abilities in dealing with testing, I provided what I could.

My system is a standard desktop AMD Semptron with 756 meg memory / 200 gig harddrive

The bios is an standard AMBIOS.
The video card, sound, eth0, and modem are what comes with the motherboard.

>From rpm -qa "kern*" here is some info
kernel-xen-hypervisor-2.6.15-1.1977_FC5 (as part of pup upgrade)
kernel-xen-hypervisor-2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 (as dvd install or after several pup installs).

for kudzu
rpm -qa "kudzu" yielded kudzu-1.2.33-1

I provided the date stamp and time stamp of the kudzu file as a way to identify the kudzu version.

My testing has been done with core5 system, maintained by pup,
and no other maintain program (not even yum).

That maintenance decision I took was to keep the test environement pure.
>From my install options selections from the test3 dvd, it chose
that hypervisor kernel. I am unable to tell you why.

As I went through the package selections on install, and selected development
libraries, and some compilers, the insaller selected what
kernel was required. Hypervisor was the kernel chosen. I did not override that choice.

If you require more specific information, send me a direct email, and I will forward to you, any files that you need for your research.
Yes, I know the time is close to cutoff. It is Sunday, and I could be out in the sun, enjoying the day.

Message: 12
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 21:52:09 -0600
From: "Jonathan Berry" <berryja at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Kudzu segmentation fault. Core5 Test3 upto date as of
 March 4, 2006
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
 <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>

On 3/4/06, Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein at yahoo.com> wrote:
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 157444 Feb 28 15:00 kudzu

And yet you refuse to give us any more information regarding your
system.  What hardware do you have?  What architecture are you
running?  Are you using Xen?  Please be helpful.  Just saying that
something isn't working is not being helpful.

Jonathan