OOo x86_64

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Mar 5 19:41:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 23:54 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following on from the recent-ish build for x86_64 of OOo, is there soon
> to be an updated release?
>
> I realise it was a work in development, but never the less, it's great
> seeing a native build.

We've integrated the first of three outstanding patch-sets for this into
upstream, the second is ready to be integrated, and the third is pending
one or two patch reviews. Post their integration one or two (more likely
two) more rounds will be required, one to get the x86_64 uno bridge
approved and the final set of "messy" fixes to be sorted out.

I've yet to test/fix the outstanding run-time issues of embedded objects
blowing up, and impress ppt import problems.

It's all underway and we're still aiming at an upstream 2.0.3 timeline
for x86_64 out of the box support.

C.