2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 memory leak?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Mar 5 02:58:30 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 09:57, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> Below is the output of running uptime immediately after free on two
> occasions.   The buffers, cached, and free memory numbers have decreased.
>  Does this indicate a leak?  The machine is totally idle, I have had a
> single ssh session open for all this time, no-one else has logged in, and
> it's not being used for any server tasks apart from light DNS serving.

My machine in question has just run out of memory and crashed.  It had been
operating OK until I tried to copy a set of Fedora ISO files to it's NFS
share.  I conclude that the bugs which Steve fixed were not the ones that
afflict my machine.

I'm now upgrading it to 2.6.15-1.2009.4.2_FC5, I'll see if that fixes it.