Multiple X logins

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 7 05:01:55 UTC 2006

Uno Engborg wrote:
> Is the possibillity to run multiple X servers so that you could switch
> between
> multiple users or machines,removed in FC5, or have I somehow failed to
> install it,  or disabled it by mistake?  What was it called in FC4 by
> the way.
>
> Regards
> Uno Engborg

gdmflexiserver should launch another server login. I just tried this to
see if it still worked. I could launch a KDE server account as well as
my present gnome account.
Permission issues remain on which console user should own which devices.
If you wat to run different desktops, it works for me. No sound in KDE
though, The Gnome user account owns the sound.

Jim

--
What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
-- Bengamin Disraeli