prism54 module errors on boot

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Mar 7 17:50:02 UTC 2006

Hello,
    I've already submitted a bug on this problem, but since doing that,
I think I know what the problem is and need some feedback if the problem
is what I think it is. I have a wireless network card runs off the
prism54 module perfectly. I've got the latest kernel and patches
(FC5-test3) and all that. However when I boot the module is loaded, and
it attempts to get an IP adress from the AP and fails. Once logged in I
have to 'su -' and 'rmmod prism54' and 'modprobe prism54'. I assume
hotplug does all its wonderful magic because then it grabs an IP and
starts working.

Is there a way to have it turn on debugging output from the driver
it fails and the next time when it succeeds after boot.