NetworkManager help?

William Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 22:08:11 UTC 2006

  Hello all,
         I am confused by NetworkManager on FC5T3. I cannot find the
panel applet.
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager
  says to use /usr/bin/NetworkManagerInfo
but I do not have this programme. I have installed
Installed: NetworkManager.i386 0:0.6.0-2 NetworkManager-glib.i386
0:0.6.0-2 NetworkManager-gnome.i386 0:0.6.0-2 NetworkManager-vpnc.i386
0:0.5.0-1

I also saw something that seemed to imply it was now called nm-applet;
but if I run this it hangs, polling glibc for ever.
    What should I do please?
 Also,  I hoped I might be able to run an MPPE VPN using NM 0.6, but I
begin to suspect this is not true - am I correct?
     Thanks,
   Bill