'quiet' option for initializing Fedora

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 8 15:33:47 UTC 2006

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I have noticed that the 'quiet' option for hidden detailed informations on booting i.e
>
> ''kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2025_FC5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
> ''
>  no longer work on Fedora . Will it be set back in the final release?

THe question was asked awhile ago and the hiding of messages is only
disabled to ensure that more bugs are exposed with useful feedback. The
messages should not show on FC5 as you desire.
Rad through the archives for messages from Dave Jones previous responses
regarding the reasons it is temporarily disabled.

Jim

--
If you want to get rich from writing, write the sort of thing that's
read by persons who move their lips when the're reading to themselves.