Help Needed: TEST FC5 KERNELS!

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 16:44:31 UTC 2006

http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/devel/

If you are running rawhide FC5 on any architecture, please update to the
latest kernel here often, reboot and test.  We need your feedback very
quickly if a new kernel here causes regressions, because we are rapidly
approaching what will become the FC5 final kernel.

If your box is SMP or dual-core, please test booting the uniprocessor
and multi-processor kernels if your architecture has both kernel builds.
  In cases where we have separate uniprocessor and SMP kernels (x86 and
ppc), we need both tested because the installer uses uniprocessor while
your yum updated system might not by default.

Please keep in mind that we are only interested in regressions in things
that would break installation and booting at this point.  If issue has
always existed in past Fedora, then it would not be useful to push it
again now.  PLEASE REPORT ONLY REGRESSIONS

Thank you,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com