Kudzu fix in tomorrow's rawhide too?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Mar 8 23:18:46 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Adam Batkin (devel at batkin.net) said:
> > [root at turnip ~]# gdb kudzu
> > [snip]
>
> OK, this implies we got back VBE2 data from the video card that
> was valid (had a valid header), but the pointers to the actual
> data inside the VBE2 data are bogus. That's hard to work around.
>
> If you can break on it in gdb, what is it trying to strdup?
>
> Bill

Are you asking me to test this under gdb?  If so, I tried it as:

# gdb
(gdb) exec-file /sbin/kudzu
(gdb) run
Starting program: /sbin/kudzu /sbin/kudzu
Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/nosegneg/libthread_db.so.1".
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0xcc5000
(No debugging symbols found)
(No debugging symbols found)

Program received signal SIGSEGC, Segmentation fault.
0x0805e89b in ?? ()
(gdb)

Sorry - Looks like I dont have the debug symbol version
for the program and/or libraries in question....

Dan