Network Manager with madwifi drivers

Brian Anderson bikehead at amberpoint.com
Thu Mar 9 14:13:34 UTC 2006

As documented in bug 180369, NetworkManager stopped connecting my
madwifi wireless card after the change from NetworkManager-0.5.1-8 to
NetworkManager-0.5.1-10. I use the CVS versions of the madwifi drivers.
I use WEP for authorization.

Today I downloaded the SRPM for NetworkManager-0.6.0-2 and removed the
special-case-madwifi.patch and built the binary.  This version of NM can
connect to my madwifi card.  The patch is trying to work around a WPA
problem in the madwifi drivers.  My question is has the fix for WPA
broken WEP?

--
.   __o    Brian "la lumaca"
  _`\<,_