kernel 2038 x86_64 segfault

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Fri Mar 10 10:44:50 UTC 2006

Kernel 2038 segfaults. I cannot really describe the error since right
after the message the message "Booting .." the screen panics by
scrolling very fastly message errors. I can distinguish the word
"segfault" but nothing more. My configuration works with 2008 (apart
from a bugzilled open bug that mkinitrd does not load sd_mod)

I use an athlon 3500+ on a MSI Neo4 platinum motherboard.

Linux lampone 2.6.15-1.2008_FC5 #1 SMP Thu Mar 2 03:13:35 EST 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mkinitrd-5.0.30-1
kernel-2.6.15-1.2038_FC5

Cheers