Fedora Core 5 Status

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:41:22 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Philippe Rigault <prigault at oricom.ca> wrote:
> I see, I misinterpreted the fact that all packages have a last modification
> date of March 6 or after, it is true that most carry the same name as in
> test3. Most of them have therefore been touch'ed and not rebuild, right ?

modification date as listed on mirrors  isn't a good measure of build
date.  Pretty sure modification date can change when packages are last
signed.. which is not the same day they were built.

rpm packages hold a build date header string which you can more
accurately rely on, assuming you trust the buildsystem which built the
packages not to lie to you and stick in the wrong date.

case in point
rpm -qi tetex
Build Date: Sat 25 Feb 2006 05:01:41
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 06 Mar 2006 03:42:47 PM EST, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2

For post test3 build dates... please refer to the available build
reports achived in this mailinglist which contain relevant package
changelog snippets which reference specific bug reports fixed which
the associated update.  As you continue to look back over the archives
please also look for previous discussions associated with the
gcc/glibc fixes to make sure you have all the information possible
before making more judgements as to this process.

-jef