selinux / semodule question

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 15 11:42:48 UTC 2006

Gordon Stewart wrote:
> Hi
>
> Selinux/ semodule has broken my kernel as now all I am getting now is run out of input data.

What exactly is the problem...?
> Looking at the email below I need to run semodule -r.  Can some tell me where this is located.  I am runing my box in rescue mode.

It's located in the policycoreutils rpm [ /usr/sbin/semodule ].
However, I am not sure if you should be using it - semodule is a utility
which adds/removes modules from policy. If you don't know where it is
located, how do you know that it has broken your system, and how to fix
it using semodule?

---

If what you're trying to do is disable selinux, the way to do that is to
pass the selinux=0 [ or was it selinux=off ?] parameter to the kernel at
boot time. It's better to pass [enforcing=0] instead, which should fix
any selinux issues you're having, continue to label files correctly, and
keep logging on, so you can identify the problem [ by looking at
/var/log/audit/audit.log ], and possibly report a bug.