power-manager and screensaver not working as non-root user

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Thu Mar 16 14:11:07 UTC 2006

I have a fully updated rawhide x86_64 laptop (fct3 + all updates). My
problem is that gnome-power-manager refuses to start as a normal user. It
works if I login as root.

I've been suffering this behaviour since the first day I instaled fc5t3,
I'm not sure if it's my fault or not as it works as root.

gnome-power-manager is in the session startup programs, but whenever it
starts it pops up a window suggesting to eval `dbus-launch`--auto-syntax`.
I've done it, the environment vars were already setup, so this was not the
problem and, consequently, not the solution.

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

--

Pau