NOT [fixed] Re: about firefox ... / dont understand anything [radeon]

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Thu Mar 16 14:36:31 UTC 2006

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 15:10 +0100, LarryT wrote:
>> Gilboa : i change ati for nVidia, and ....
>> after half an hour i still not have my freezing back :)
>> But i prefer wait  to say everything is all right :-P
>>
>> Anyway, i have other OS onthis machine, like CentOS and FC4, and i have
>> never meet such a problem.
>> The problem appears two days ago. And it works at the bigenning, with
>> fc5-test3 !
>>

> Might be a problem with the ATI drivers combined with the current FC5
> kernel.
> I can't really tell...
>
> BTW, which drivers are you using for the nVidia card? nv (open source)
> or nvidia (binary, from nvidia.com)
The system use nv :
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nv"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x]"
EndSection

Seems to be good, and stable, ... so far....

--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when