Could tthere be an update iso distribution

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Mar 16 17:18:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On 3/16/06, Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That may be true, but when I spend a not insignificant amount of money
>> on a nice video card, I expect to be able to use all of the
>> functionality.
>
> I suggest you re-calibrate that expectation for any hardware which
> requires drivers which do not exist in the mainline kernel tree. How
> exactly are you in a position to claim nvidia "usually" works? Are the
> statistically significant publically available stats about the nvidia
> driver install base which you can cite?

Not without involving marketing.

If that advice was followed by Windows users, no one would have a  useful
video card there either.  Windows supports little well "out of the box".
You always have to install drivers with the device.  No matter what it is.

--
"George W. Bush -- Bringing back the Sixties one Nixon at a time."