Kernel 2054 breaks nvidia.ko loading

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 16:29:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 16:42 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > Binary drivers are here to stay,
>
> ... until they become impossible either technical or by court
> decision ;)
> both is happening in various degrees.
>
> or... until nvidia just decides their xbox contract is more important
> than linux business wise.

I'm trying hard to keep my head out of this argument.
Lets say both ATI and nVidia drop out of the closed source binary drives
and leave us without drives.
What alternative are you offering to power our Xgl/Bling/what-ever
desktops? (Let alone running Quake4 at 1600x1200...)

Other then that, I'm being employed write a certain kernel level
services that are to be deployed on RHEL.
Due to specific reasons I cannot disclose (and as a matter of law) my
company cannot release the code under GPL (though I might get a
permission to release small unrelated parts of it). If indeed you
represent the official Linux-kernel-dev-line, my employer should halt
all Linux development and switch to BSD/Solaris/what-ever, right?

Gilboa