Kernel 2054 breaks nvidia.ko loading

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 19:59:28 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> B. The two machines that are Intel, use the i915 on-board video that can
> hardly drive xcompmgr... let alone bling ;(

Well i guess someone should update
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
which lists Intel: i830 through i945 as known working with bling.

> What Arjan was talking about is breaking the gaming-rules: Deliberately
> stopping non-GPL kernel code from being executed.

I have no problem with the upstream kernel doing that via technical
changes to the codebase, whether intentionally or as an unintentional
side-effect for other goals. I also have no problem with the fedora
kernel developers deciding to do that in an effort to reduce the their
support burden if that is what they deemed necessary.  Luckily for you
I have no decision making power over either group.

-jef