Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!

Zuir DJ zuirdj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 00:29:45 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> As the subject line says:
> "Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!"
>
> I cannot set the authentication properties via this tool
> because selecting this does not pop up the GUI.
>
> Hmmm...  there are a couple of things missing in the menu
> as well - such as the general control-panel that I thought
> I saw in FC3/4
>
> Some menu items are being dropped from FC5?

I think system-config-authentication package was replaced with
authconfig and authconfig-gtk

# yum list authconfig*
Installed Packages
authconfig.i386                          5.2.2-1                installed
authconfig-gtk.i386                     5.2.2-1                installed

Those work OK for me

--
Zuirdj