BIZARRE!! I was logged in and all of a sudden my session was terminated!!

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat Mar 18 13:33:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 17:53 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Yeah...  talk about the twilight zone!
>
> I was just plodding alone trying to figure out how to
> build and install snort on FC5T3 and BOOM!  A FLASH,
> BLACK SCREEN OF VOID ---  silence ---  15 seconds ---
> and then a blue login screen!  WHAT THE ....
>
> Hmmm......

A recent thread here shows that XEN and KUDZU do not play nice in the
same sandbox, even with the FC5 release which has already been spun.
I notice that you told Jef you are running XEN so I am guessing here
based on the earlier thread about kudzu.

If you have both running it may be the cause of your reboot.
Whatever it was, it seems to have acted similarly to a ctrl-alt-bksp in
that it killed the X server and got you back to a login.