file missing man-page !!!!

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 23:27:14 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, LarryT <guess.who at freesurf.fr> wrote:
> Jesse : i did :
> mount -o loop fc-5-dsic1.iso /mntmydir
> cp -r /mnt/mydir/* /var/ftp/pud/fc5/
> Then i run rescue cd
> type linux askmethod
> choose ftp install
> And get the error message
>
> I repeat that files are missing on the first cd
> So if onewanna install from the first cd, it seems impossible.
>
> Am i wrong or something ?

Uhh, there are 5 CDs for a reason.  If you want software that isn't on
CD1, then you need the other CDs.  It's that simple.  What's not clear
to you?  I'm not trying to be ugly or anything, just asking [just in
case you assume a tone I'm not trying to imply; it's hard to hear my
inflection in text ;)].  You probably need at least CD2 as well, maybe
CD3.  Of course, you could possibly need all 5 depending on your
software selection.

You probably need the CDs in separate directories, disc1, disc2, etc.
You might even be able to loop mount the isos in place rather than
copying.  I know I've done that with a DVD iso and NFS export.  I
don't know what the implications are with, say, SELinux or whatever.
It worked for NFS (no SELinux).

Jonathan