Atheros wlan and FC5 (rawhide)

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 11:05:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've compiled the madwifi-ng driver from the source and installed. When
I try to fire up the wlan connection (/sbin/modprobe ath_pci), it fails
saying to check dmesg.

When I do this, I get the following error

ath_pci: Unknown parameter `irq'

Any ideas what has failed? I know when I fire up, I need to add irqpoll
to the boot line or else none of the network comes up (such as eth0).

As far as I can see in neat, nothing is set to an particular irq. From
memory, network-manager currently has madwifi disconnected (I could be
wrong)

kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
NetworkManager - 0.6.0-3

TTFN