Bios settings and GUI responses

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 04:02:10 UTC 2006

My gui functionality is back. Wow, is Core5 fantastic.
Yesterday, and since I installed the Vanilla version, I had sluggish gui responses.
I had compared drivers with Core4, and found that there was a difference. I was about to search for the old one, but then I recalled that I had set an area up in the bios (shared memory mother board) to allow 64meg transfer to pci hardware. I put this down to 0 megs and wow, my great gui quick response is back.

I will not bother with going into details, but can only say "Wow, for these later gnome and KDE implementations (I use KDE in root logon and GNOME for grand-daughter and my emails).

Leslie
PS did you know that the bits in my bytes, are metric, but those in the computers in the USA are American Standard? Which are better? :)