FC5 T3 -> FC6 Develolment?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 24 23:34:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 15:30 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was a but busy and I am currently in a FC5 T3 setup, so
> my question is, do I just stay in this environment, and
> simply 'yum update' to get into the FC6 level or do I have
> to burn any iso's and reinstall everything or what?

It's generally a good idea to do a reinstallation. If you simply run yum
update, you end up with pre-FC6 rawhide which is now boiling hot. That
you only want to do if you would prefer to continue testing.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

Otherwise, you might get the fedora-release package from one of the FC5
mirrors, make sure you have the development repositories disabled and
then run yum update.

Rahul