Yum upgrade not working.

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 21:20:33 UTC 2006

On 3/26/06, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 15:32 +0200, tony wrote:
> > I have a machine that I _have_ to upgrade via yum (no CD drive and no
> > bootable USB key).
> >
> > Yesterday I managed to upgrade from FC2 to FC4. I then installed the
> > fedora-release-5-5.noarch.rpm
> >
> > Reboot and yum -y upgrade but yum only sees the FC4 repository... Any
> > clues greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> Can you setup network boot?

If he already has a Linux install, he can boot the installer through
GRUB.  I have done this a couple of times when I didn't want to bother
with burning a CD or setting up network booting.  It would work well
for booting a machine without a CD.

Basically, it involves copying vmlinuz and initrd.imb from
images/pxeboot in the Fedora repository to /boot and adding a entry to
/etc/grub.conf to boot them.

title Fedora Install
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz